The claim: Readers of the fact-checking site began asking about social media rumors surrounding Norris’ supposed death at the hands of COVID-19 in May, Snopes reported on Monday.
CONFIRMED: Chuck Norris tests positive for Coronavirus pic.twitter.com/iE3V9EE2ij— Corona Bot (@Corona_Bot__) April 17, 2020
- While Norris’ talent agency did not respond to Snopes’ inquiry about his health, the 80-year-old star of “Walker, Texas Ranger” is “alive and well,” according to the site.
- Norris, a cultural icon who sometimes pens columns for conservative media outlets, has been the subject of death hoaxes in the past.
- In 2012 a particularly vicious hoax proliferated on Facebook, claiming the “Lone Wolf McQuade” actor had died and attempting to scam users into completing surveys.
Chuck Norris facts: Norris’ transcendent accomplishments – New York Times bestselling author, six-time Professional Middleweight Karate champion, Airman First Class in the United States Air Force – have spurred the public to come up with slightly hyperbolic “facts” that pay tribute to his greatness.
- “Coronavirus has tested positive for Chuck Norris and is now in quarantine.”
- “Covid self quarantined to stay free of Chuck Norris.”
- “The coronavirus practices social distancing from Chuck Norris.”
- “COVID is trying to create a vaccine against Chuck Norris.”
- “Chuck Norris gave Coronavirus Chuck-20.”
- “It’s a scientific fact Chuck Norris’ tears cure the coronavirus. Unfortunately, Chuck Norris doesn’t cry.”
Chuck Norris is miles ahead of them all, imagine a guy who's infected corona virus with a virus pic.twitter.com/1zt62hIKJo— TiagoCreative (@TiagoCreative) May 16, 2020